Bags are one of the most practical and enjoyable items to make. Learn to make one for yourself then replicate for all your friends! This is an introductory workshop for beginner and intermediate sewers. The workshop combines the key elements of following a pattern and using a sewing machine. It is pitched at beginners and those who want to improve their sewing skills.
Everything is provided for you to leave the workshop with a finished bag made from vintage fabric. The class is taught by me, Sarah Richards. Click here to read about my sewing journey. It is a small class with only 4 participants giving you chance for 1:1 tuition.
Using vintage fabric is a fun way to create a sustainable dress by using pre-loved fabrics that would otherwise end up in landfill. The fabrics have all been pre-washed and will be pressed ready for the workshop.
ncluded in the price:
- Reusable pattern (designed by Sarah Richards)
- Half a metre of vintage fabric (choose from a wide selection on the day )
- Straps, zips, linings, threads and trims for embellishment
- Use of a basic sewing kit
- Use of a sewing machine (one per person)
- Lots of sewing hacks, tea, coffee and cake!
During the class you will learn:
- How to read and follow a simple pattern
- How to prepare the fabric ready for cutting
- How to set up your sewing machine and prepare the threads
- How to stitch straight lines, pivot and adjust stitch types
- How to hand finish linings
- You will take home a finished bag made from vintage fabric
How to Book: Click here to book . Payment is taken securely via PayPal. Places are limited to 4 people. Any problems with your booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org