This BRAND NEW two-day class is led by Puppet Designer Jimmy Grimes and Director Andy Brunskill, creators of puppetry for stage, screen and events.
Over the course of the weekend you’ll explore 8 techniques that the duo use in developing innovative designs and enabling puppeteers to create sensitive and rich performances.
All exercises will be practical and participants will leave with a series of samples and mechanisms that they can develop, remake or integrate into their own puppet designs.
This workshop is aimed at makers, designers, puppeteers and other creatives wanting a stronger understanding of the whole process of puppet making. We’ll cover a range of subjects from design through to performance, including:
- Designing with puppeteers in mind
- Using anatomical research to inform your designs
- When and how to best use mechanisms
- Speedily prototype your puppet’s structure
- The top 3 mechs for hand-triggered action
- Working from table-top to parade-size puppets
To book, please go to: https://www.brunskillandgrimes.com/get-in-touch-1