Let's make a leather bag! In this class, you will learn to hand-make a leather bag using traditional leathercraft techniques, notably saddle stitching. You will have a chance to select bag design at the beginning of the class (image : one of examples).
The class is designed for advanced level and you will hand-cut and hand-stitch leathers. You are strongly required to take beginner's class before enrolling the bag making class. (Beginner's classes are card holder and coin purse making classes. Please read more information from our Class page.)
- To start : You will be guided to our workshop once you arrive. (More details in the email.)
- What you will make : A leather bag (women's or men's bag)
- How long you will do : The course will run for 18 - 21 hours.
- When : 10 am - 4 pm, every Saturday in October and November (Please write the date when you want to attend the class during your check-out.)
- Where : Craft Central, London, E14 3AE
- How you will do : You will learn how to construct and hand-stitch a leather bag. You will select colours of leathers and threads and work with patterns. You will hand-cut and make stitching holes on leathers and assemble the bag by applying saddle stitching method with two needles. You will also try cutting handle straps and learn how to prepare them. You will have plenty chance to share your projects with fellow learners and photograph with them in our gorgeous building.
- What to bring : None. We will provide you leathers and tools.
We will welcome you with a glass of Prosecco, tea and coffee. (And some snacks!)
Join us and make a special gift for yourself or for someone special.
£330 pp Please book vai Mollum Vellum