Whether you are a complete beginner or a professional jeweller or silversmith looking to diversify your skills, the ‘Hand Engraving: Basic Principles’ courses are an in-depth introduction to the techniques and tools of hand engraving on metal. Taught by professional engraver Wayne Parrott and engraver and silversmith Angus McFadyen, the class size is kept to just eight students and run either as a six-week evening class or a three-day intensive course.
Book now – request a booking form from email@example.com
The aims will be to develop a sound basic understanding of the tools, techniques and materials used in hand engraving, on which to progressively build skills and knowledge.
For improvers and professionals:
Basic techniques covered
- The setting up, sharpening and polishing of appropriate tools.
- Holding devices and methods.
- Marking out and transferring techniques.
- The cutting of metal, with exploration of combined techniques.
- Production of samples from a supplied master.
- Methods of erasure.
- Finishing techniques.
- Health & safety issues.
- Pictorial engraving.
- Applications of engraving as a decorative element in jewellery making.
- Heraldic work.
Hand Engraving Basic Principals 3 Day Fri-Sun 31 May- 2 June 2019 10am-6pm AM BASIC/INT/1 £370 or £335 to member