We have teamed up with the Museum of London to offer selected Craft Central Network members the opportunity to sell their products within the museum gift shop 22nd October – 31st December
The chosen Network members will be offered an opportunity to sell selected products for 10 weeks on a sale or return basis with only 30% commission. All sales will paid post event and non-sold items will be available to collect week commencing 10th January 2022.
This is to coincide with the opening of a new display planned to open at the Museum of London later this year, which is the result of a contemporary collecting project. The display will offer a visually stimulating insight into the state of craft and making in modern London; exploring how makers have shaped, and are shaped, by the capital city. Important: The display has yet to be announced by Museum of London and therefore will be under embargo until 31 August
Please note: All selected products are subject to VAT. If you are not VAT registered, then please add 20% to your RRP price to ensure you only pay 30% commission post sale.
The Museum is also looking into the possibility of running workshops onsite so we also invite you to express an interest in facilitating one, although this is not necessary to have your work accepted.
About the Museum of London
The Museum of London tells the ever-changing story of this great world city and its people, from 450,000 BC to the present day. Our galleries, exhibitions, displays and activities seek to inspire a passion for London and provide a sense of the vibrancy that makes the city such a unique place. The museum is FREE to all. Please book a free general admission ticket in advance of visiting the museum. You can explore the Museum of London with collections online – home to 90,000 objects with more being added. www.museumoflondon.org.uk
The Museum of London will consider applications that meet the following criteria:
- Designed in London (designs from all 32 GLA boroughs are welcomed) and made in the UK
- Up to 4 products maybe put forward for consideration
- Recommend retail price must not exceed £200. The museum is looking to stock a large selection of product which is under £50
- Be able to deliver products to the Museum of London, 150 London Wall, London EC2Y 5HN week commencing 11th October 20221
- If stock remains, you must collect it form the museum during week commencing 10th January 2022
- Ceramics (functional & decorative will be considered)
- Fashion accessories (knitwear / leather goods / millinery / scarves)
- Home accessories Jewellery (precious and non precious)
- Paper products (prints / books / greeting cards / decorative)
This is a great way to earn revenue and to gain exposure for your business.
Please click here to be taken to the application form. Anyone can apply, by if selected, applicant will need to have a current Craft Central membership to proceed. The application deadline is midnight 22 August 2021.