• Managing Health and Safety procedures in the building and studios.
• Responding to the requests of tenants or occupants with regard to mechanical or maintenance issues
• Requisitioning the necessary supplies, equipment and tools, monitoring inventory and working within a budget
• Evaluating and repairing issues as they arise and communicating with Supervisors when outsourcing is necessary.
• Overseeing contractors and other workers who are unfamiliar with a building’s layout.
• Managing and monitoring contracts for internal and external maintenance and safety.
• Scheduling and conducting regular maintenance of the building and infrastructure.
• Observing that the uses of the building meet insurance requirements by scheduling and conducting risk assessments.
• Ensuring safe working practices and that a building is in compliance with safety and quality regulations including maintaining fire, smoke, carbon monoxide and other safety systems
• Key-holder contact in case of emergency.
• Collating accident reports and adjusting processes in order to mitigate identified risks.
• Conducting regular inspections to determine which areas in the building need attention
• Keeping maintenance schedules and records up to date
Previous maintenance experience of a multi-purpose building. This may include experience in plumbing, refurbishment work, electrical maintenance and experience working with heating systems. Candidates may also have to show experience in the use of maintenance equipment including using hand tools, ladders and paint equipment.
Desirable: Professional qualification in Carpentry, Electrical Installations or other relevant subject.
From £24k pro rata
The facilities officer will typically work 3 days (24 hours) in a flexible manner which can be negotiated between your preference, other staff members and needs of the building. They will be a key holder to the building and need to be able to response should, on the rare occasion, the alarm is set off.
To apply: Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – closing date for applications Sunday 19 June 2022. Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 4th July