Virginia McArdle trained as a Graphic designer at The Royal college of Art and worked as a senior lecturer at Chelsea school of Art and freelance designer before studying bookbinding in the late nineties. From Studio 41 she now works mainly with designers and architects producing a variety of book and print products. These are used primarily as mock ups and visualisation tools for client presentations prior to production. They can include brochures, journals, albums, boxes and range from bespoke fine binding to small production runs.
- Art of the book 03, a touring exhibition in Canada
- Il cantico della creature Italy 2001
- The British library 2000, 2003, 2004
- Bath University 2005
- Guild of Book Workers, a touring exhibition USA 2006-2007
- 8th International Book Art festival, 'Time' Poland 2006
- National printmaking museum, Dublin 2007